Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back Blog- Our Wedding












































I promised myself that I would do some back blog's including one about our wedding. If I want this to be a record of our family, I can't miss the day our family was 'established'!

We married on November 11, 2007 in Palm Springs, CA. We had a small ceremony with only immediate family--my parents & grandparents, my brother & his girlfriend (now wife), my aunt, Mike's parents, his sister & brother-in-law. A total of 13 people (if you include the bride & groom). The ceremony was held at The Villa Royale, a cute little B&B just minutes from my grandparents house in Palm Springs.


The wedding was simple, but beautiful & perfect. Neither of us wanted a big wedding, but we never really considered eloping either. We decided to have the wedding in Palm Springs so it was easy for my grandparents to come, and because it was out of town. I really couldn't be happier on how it all turned out.

Along with marrying a wonderful man and being surrounded by family...a couple really special things to note. First, I am so blessed that my grandparents were able to attend the wedding. They both became very ill not long after the wedding and although my grandmother thankfully recovered, my grandfather passed away early in 2008. The photos from the wedding are the last ones of my grandfather. He was an amazing man who lived his life to the fullest and accomplished so much. Although I miss him, I am not sad over his passing. We should all be so lucky to live such a full life. I do however wish I could have told him how honored I was to be his grandaughter and how much his love and support meant to me.

As one important person in my life was about to depart, another one was about to arrive. We found out that we were pregnant a few weeks prior to the wedding so Zoey was about 9 weeks along when we married. Although I barely fit in my dress, felt sick, hormonal and cranky....we couldn't have been happier about getting pregnant. I love looking at the wedding photos and thinking how amazing it is that Zoey was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment